Thursday, October 15, 2009

LIL MAMA BEEF JAY-Z and B


After multiple apologies from Lil Mama and a televised reaction by Alicia Keys, a source has now spoken on Jay-Z's response to the young rapper's stage crash at this year's Video Music Awards.Despite appearing calm on-stage, reports claim Hov addressed his issues with MTV staff regarding Lil Mama's show-stealing move.
How mad was Jay-Z when rapper Lil Mama muscled into his duet with Alicia Keys at the MTV Video Music Awards? Though he tried to stay cool onstage, a backstage source tells us, "He went ballistic. He was screaming at the MTV producers about the lack of security. He apparently thought at first she was just a fan. Beyonce finally calmed him down." (New York Daily News)
Keys recently talked about Lil Mama's unexpected stage crash and said the young emcee should have remained seated.
"I would rather not speak about [it] because the performance was so phenomenal it doesn't even matter about anything else," Keys explained in an interview last week. "Jay-Z and I are native New Yorkers, it's kind of a classic New York song like new Frank Sinatra, Liza Minnelli...I can appreciate her being overwhelmed and inspired but we would have preferred she did it from her seat..." ("The Today Show")
Lil Mama previously apologized and spoke on why she appeared on the stage without being invited by Hov or Keys.
"I didn't know what Jay said," Lil Mama explained in an interview. "I thought he was like, 'OK, enjoying the moment with me, interacting,' which was after I walked up. But after watching it from home, watching myself on the Internet, I'm bouncing and I'm coming up toward Jay-Z and he's backing up. And my emotions at the time was like a vibe, like, 'Yeah, New York.' I was definitely caught up in the moment. He was backing up and when I got home I realized [he said], 'Oh, you gonna T-Pain it, huh.' I realized it when I got home. Now that I'm home, I was like, 'Wow, Jay-Z wasn't feeling it.' I would never get up there and try to disrespect Jay-Z or take a moment that someone else created and try to live it. I'm too original for that and I respect him too much for that. To Jay in particular, as a Brooklyn native -- who I am also -- in that moment it was nothing but respect and honor...It was a joyous moment. Whenever we share happiness or a celebration takes place, usually it's graceful, it's never to disrespect. I never meant any harm. I was enjoying myself and I was enjoying his performance. I got love for him and I love you, [Jay-Z]." (MTV)
While Mama did not initially appear alongside the duo, she did step on the stage towards the end of their performance.
Towards the end of Jay-Z's performance of 'Empire State of Mind' with Alicia Keys, rapper and 'America's Best Dance Crew' judge Lil Mama hopped up on stage and for a few seconds was standing on the side dancing. Jay-Z at one point patted her on the leg as a hint to go back to her seat, but Mama didn't get the message. (Pop Eater


No comments:

Post a Comment